Proposed Language For County Council or Local Ordinance
Be it hereby enacted that any order, rule, edict, mandate, lockdown, regulation, or proclamation which has been or may be issued by any elected or appointed official of Federal or State government, or by any agent or agency thereof, which, if enforced, would limit, restrict, or in any way infringe upon the right of the people to:
- freely practice religion,
- freely speak and publish their thoughts and opinions,
- freely travel and peaceably assemble,
- maintain full and complete authority over personal health decisions including, but not limited to, the decision to wear or not to wear a face mask or any other medical device, or to receive a vaccination or any other medical procedure,
- own, keep, carry, transport, or sell firearms,
- Own, maintain, or operate any otherwise lawful business without interference or restriction based on the pretext of preventing the spread of disease,
- Take any otherwise lawful action protected by the Constitution of The United States and the Constitution of this State,
shall be invalid in this county, shall not be recognized by this county, is hereby specifically rejected by this county, shall in no way be enforced by or within this county, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this county.
Be if further enacted that no person who is refused entry to any restaurant or other business on the basis that they have not complied with a policy that requires the wearing of a facemask or the taking of a vaccine shall be subject to a charge of trespass or disorderly conduct for refusal to comply with such policy. Nor shall any funds or other resources of this county be used to assist in the arrest, transport, detainment, holding or processing of any such person.